Friday, May 25, 2018

Healing Open Wounds

Originally Posted on my Facebook Page Mental Health Moments: January 10, 2018

Healing Open Wounds
With the passing of my Dad I have realized I never really finished grieving the loss of my Mom. I have held in the hurt of losing her and all of the pain of family drama surrounding her passing. Now I get to face it all.
The beauty of this chaotic situation is I finally get to put it all to rest for good. Yesterday I realized just how angry I really was. I also realized I had a RIGHT to be angry but I also have a responsibility to let it go. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life like this. I have already wasted six and a half years of my life being angry. There are things I cannot replace and people who will probably never be sorry for what they have done, but I have to let it go. I really don’t want to live my life like this anymore. It was very sobering to realize just how angry I was. I want the time I spend with the family I have left to be positive and fun. I am over fifty years old so I want the rest of my life to be as positive as possible too. It was eye opening. Today I plan to work on digging that anger out and leaving it behind once and for all. Life is precious and the things are not worth the drama.
This is my MENTAL HEALTH MOMENT
Danni Andrew
(C)Copyright 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

#METOO When Will IT STOP? The journey to wellness!

No one wants to hear what you have to say. It's a cross you bear alone, that is until you enlist the help of a good therapist. You sit d...