Friday, May 25, 2018

Worst Year Ever!! Or not...

Originally Posted on my Facebook page Mental Health Moments: on January 5, 2018

Worst Year Ever... or not?
I need to stop referring to years as “the worst year ever” as there seems to be a trend going on here. I had hoped 2017 would quietly go away but it has tumbled over into 2018 with the passing of my Papa Sam on December 28. What a way to start the new year with grieving the loss of my Papa and the loss of an era. He and I were very close and while he suffered so much with Multiple Sclerosis and I am glad he isn’t suffering anymore, I really miss him! His life made a huge impact on mine.
I have a decision to make. I was reading Lance Miller the World Champion of public Speaking’s blog this morning and he was talking about not quitting in the face of adversity. How easy it would be to simply quit. But I can’t, I have to keep going. It’s ok to take a few days and grieve. I actually slept most of the day yesterday because I was exhausted. Today I have bills to pay and I need to clean my house. I can’t just check out with the remote and a bag of chips beside me for months at a time, I have done that before. I made a conscious decision not to do the check out of life thing in 2018 again. I miss my Papa and yes I’m very sad but I’m not going to do it this time. Not for even one day because one Day turns into two and the merry-go-round starts again. This year is going to be a better year because I am determined it’s going to be. Rest In Peace Papa Sam! I told you I was doing good and I didn’t lie, I am doing good and I am going to continue doing good even if I have to make myself!! I am going to have a good year because I am going to work at having a good year.
Danni Andrew, DTM
(C)copyright 2018
www.danniandrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

#METOO When Will IT STOP? The journey to wellness!

No one wants to hear what you have to say. It's a cross you bear alone, that is until you enlist the help of a good therapist. You sit d...