Friday, May 25, 2018

Who Am I?
I am in your face sometimes and sometimes I am quiet as a church mouse quietly slinking into the shadows hoping not to be seen. I am loud and I am brash and I am quiet and unseen. I am the healer listening to what hurts you the most, hopefully offering a kind word or two to help you out of a tight spot. I am the broken child sitting alone in the darkness wishing the phone would ring but not daring to pick it up and making a phone call.
I am broken with cracks that will never quite heal but it is through those cracks that a morning sun can shine the brightest. Because-of that brokenness I understand the loss of others and I understand grief and depression. I have walked the road of solitude and I have felt the pain of loss. But I kept walking and I never gave up because there is a strength buried deep inside of me that believes in the goodness of this world and knows that somewhere out there is another person who is just as quirky as I am. People are typically busy not mean. If they are mean then they do not belong in my circle of friends and I will quietly remove them.
Life is too short to dwell on the hurt and the drama of yesterday. Even though I may not have every moment filled with love and bliss, I am me and I love who I am.
And this is my MENTAL HEALTH MOMENT
Danni Andrew
(C)copyright 2018

This Post was originally posted on my Facebook page Mental Health Moments: April 28, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

#METOO When Will IT STOP? The journey to wellness!

No one wants to hear what you have to say. It's a cross you bear alone, that is until you enlist the help of a good therapist. You sit d...